LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Has any one created a LabView application that can write test data to an AVL Santorin ASAM Database?

Our main test beds are AVL PUMA Dyno test systems.  We use a host based data collection system and AVL Concerto a data anaylsis tool.  Our other smaller test systems use LabView as a data collection tool.  My goal is to combine the LabView data with the PUMA data so that it can all be read using Concerto data explorer.  AVL uses Santorin ASAM database and my question to the community is "has anyone attempted to write LabView collected data to the AVL Santoring ASAM database?"

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(3,404 Views)

Hello,

We have a Plugin for communicating with the ASAM Database found here: http://www.ni.com/example/30203/en/  

This DataPlugin enables access to the NI ASAM ODS Server (NIAsamService) or any other ASAM ODS Server through the Corba interface.

You can read/import and write/export any kind of ASAM ODS data objects.

Have a great day.

Alex D
Systems Engineer
Academic Research
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(3,342 Views)

Can you contact me directly so I can discuss this application?  I have a few questions and things I dont understand.  I am not famillar with the ASAM protocol but have used the LabView SQL database toolkit for reading/writing to a access database.

Thanks, 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(3,229 Views)

It is better if you contact us directly through ni.com/support or our Support Phone line 866-275-6964. This will allow us to direct you to the next available engineer and look at answering your questions. Before contacting us I recomend that you look at the Related Links on the bottom of the AOP5 Data Plugin page. There are several documents that will help explain the use and the underlying system behind the AOP5 and the servers it interfaces with. These are the first documents that we will direct to you if you start working with an Application Engineer. Read through these first and see if they will answer your questions about using the plugin. If you are still having trouble and have SSP please contact us and we will be happy to help. Have a great day.

Alex D
Systems Engineer
Academic Research
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(3,191 Views)

Hello,

We are having problems with performance of our AVL Santorin ASAM database. After many weeks of troubleshooting we got the following response from AVL:

"Our Developer has analyzed the problem. He has seen that during the import of data when you are inserting measurement data, you are using method ApplicationElement.createInstance(). This approach is slow, as for every instance and setting attribute client has to call server. For better performance, you should use method  ApplElemAccess.insertInstances(), where you can simultaneously insert Multiple Instances of the same Application Element (eg. LocalColumn). In this case only one call to server is made when instances are inserted and also SQL Query which you were analyzing with your DBA is not used here."

What is the possibility of changing the plug-in to the other method? Why has NI chosen the first method when AVL states that the second method is better?

Thanks for any info anyone has on this subject!

/David

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(3,055 Views)

Hello,
I'm trying to establish a connection to an AVL Santorin ASAM Database with the AOP and AOP5 DataPlugin.

I was told that the access the Santorin is restricted by AVL itself for non AVL instruments.

Can someone tell me something about it? Is it possible form AVL to lock the access to the ASAM-ODS server?

While connecting should I set some specific parameter? Is there a way to understand if the connection is established?

Thank's in advance for any help

Davide

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(2,908 Views)

Hello Davide,

This forum has been inactive for a while now. I would recommendo you to create a new one with your concern. 

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(2,879 Views)