LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hardware for controling internal bowl vent on IC engine

Helo,

I have to choose hardware for controling internal bowl vent on IC engine. Main goal is to control power of IC engine with computer during test. I already have SCC Carrier with some modules for measuring temperature. I thought do that with step motor, but I don't know what other hardware I need? Also, can I use SCC Carrier, only buy new, adequate, modul? And how to solve control of step (or some other) motor (analog input, oputput, or something else)? If you could tell me nearly what of hardware do I need, I would be very greatful...

Thank you

Greatings

Boris

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,615 Views)

Well, for many of us the control of an "internal bowl vent" is not something that we are familiar with. External bowl vents yes, internal no Smiley Wink  If you can explain/describe what it is, and how you need/want to control it (not necessarily the electronic/programmatic, more the actual electro-mechanical) the task will more likely fall into an overlap with some similar task that we have seen/ resolved.

Message Edited by LV_Pro on 02-26-2010 09:05 AM
Message Edited by LV_Pro on 02-26-2010 09:06 AM
Putnam
Certified LabVIEW Developer

Senior Test Engineer North Shore Technology, Inc.
Currently using LV 2012-LabVIEW 2018, RT8.5

LabVIEW Champion

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(2,597 Views)

I'm sorry, I was looking for right expression, obviously I was trying to hard :). In attachment is picture of electronic throttle. I hope that you are now clear on what I think. My task is to make valve control. Valve rotates 90 degrees and it openness control IC engine power.

Thnx

Boris

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,576 Views)

Boris, 

What type of signal does your motor expect?  You probably need a digital output module like the SCC-DO01.  Assuming it takes a digital signal how many digital signals does it need?

If you like I can have one of our Technical Sales Representatives contact you to discuss your application and hardware needs?

Sincerely,
Jason Daming
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
http://www.ni.com/support
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,530 Views)

Problem is that I don't know exactly what I need and how the motor should be powered and how it should operates and what signal does it need. If you've ever done a project where you manage the work of step motor, please describe the necessary hardware components.

I'm from Croatia (Europe) so it's not possible any other communication besides the forum or email.

Thnx

Boris

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,498 Views)

Chevap,

We have a branch in Slovenija that covers you and I am sure that would be happy to discuss your application.

I can try to help you here but this is a very open ended question with many variables.  First I would suggest you look at this document on stepper motors to determine if they are right for you.  You will also want to look at the size selection of stepper motors because the size you need will affect later decisions.  Next you may look at our page on Stepper motor drives.  You also will need a controller which can come in many sizes functionalities and types.  Finally you will need software to control this system.  This is a brief overview and does not fully encompass everything you need but should hopefully give you some terms you can search our site for.

Here is a link to a motor control system that may be right for you.  Before you do anything I really would suggest you contact the branch that I linked at the top they can provide personalized info invaluable to making sure you get the system you need.

Sincerely,
Jason Daming
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
http://www.ni.com/support
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,478 Views)