LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hardware Trigger Detection (NI6674T) in LabVIEW

Hello,

I'm working with Timing Module 6674T. My question is: how can I detect a trigger signal in LabVIEW which goes to the PFI0 Port of Timing Module. There are a lot of trigger related VIs but no of those VIs give me a state of the trigger or input voltage so that I could check myself.

greetings

christian

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(3,079 Views)

so nobody has an idea?

or is this question to specific?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(3,028 Views)

hi,

I attached an example. 

for me it is not clear what exacly you want to do.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(3,002 Views)

I can explan in more details. I have a NI 5663E Analyzer and this Timing Module. I wrote a program in LabVIEW which configures thoses devices, reads data from the Digitizer and write it to the disk.

By now I've only integrated a manual Start/Stop Aquisition and Start/Stop Record Button on the GUI. Now I wand to implement a Trigger - System in which the programs waits until the Timing Module receives a trigger signal and then starts. For this I have to have a way to monitor the trigger status ( trigger received, or not yet received) in LabVIEW. If this would c++ I was looking for a method like bool CheckTriggerStatus().

In the event of an detected trigger signal my aquistion and logging loops would start until a certain amount of samples were recorded (will be set by the user on th gui or an ini-file).

I hope this gives you a better picture.

greetings

christian

edit:

I've just made a little - not working - code scratch in labview. this code is really just to illustrate what I want and where I want to go.

scratch_trigger_listener.png

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(2,997 Views)

what about the "basic level trigger detection.vi"?

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(2,987 Views)

@Richard

Do you mean this ?

In that case: In my algorithm I need a information about the trigger status to start the aqusition, I have no data before this. The Basic Trigger VI needs an signal to decide if a trigger-threshould were crossed. At least this is what I understood from this basic trigger vi ( am I right/wrong here?).

if this is true, this does not do the trick, because I need a trigger signal in my program BEFORE it reads data from digitizer.

greetings

christian

edit:

and to be precise here. I'm working with different NI-Devices.

My IQ-Data I get from  NI PXIe-5663E

and my Trigger-signales I get from this NI PXIe-6674T

and I really need only a way to read the data from PFI0..5 from 6674T ( trigger signals comes from accelerator facilities) to check if a trigger signal were on those lines. If I could read the voltag levels on this 6674 it would be enough, but there seems to be no vi to do this .. really frustrating from my end. I don't mean the very nice trys to help me, but the labVIEW documentation etc.

I hope nobody misunderstands me

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(2,983 Views)

Hi Christian,

On the PXIe-6674T, you can check the level (high or low) of the PFI0 by using the NI-Sync PFI Line State property node:
Trigger State Properties»PFI Line State

If you need change the voltage sensitivity of PFI0, you can adjust its voltage threshold with the following property:
Calibration Properties»PFI0 Threshold

You can quick drop an NI-Sync property node by typing [Ctrl] + [Space] then niSync Property Node.vi + [Enter].

Hope this helps,
-Tyler

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(2,959 Views)