LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Handling a Large Number of Front Panel Controls in LV 8.6

tst wrote:

Ben wrote:

One of my rookies* wrote an XControl that discovers all of the controls and indicators on all FP automatically and lets us do what I showed above without having to wire the refs to the cluster.

How does an XControl come into play when doing something like this? I suppose it's easier to use if you don't have something like the JKI RCF installed, but you could also just open it from the tools menu.

[Ben squirms sensing that Yair is on to the trick]

The AE has to know about object added deleted or re-named. The XControl allows the code to discover the changes at edit time by using the state change events.

Ben

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
Message 11 of 17
(699 Views)

Hi tst, maybe i am missing something but after i have unzipped your file to the said location, i put 4 different ctls on the front panel, select them all, right click and all i see is "properties".  Do you have any further instruction?

Thanks,

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 17
(517 Views)

Hi Robert, i guess i could replace your "Front Panel VI Name" with the current vi reference?  I think this would be the same.  I have 160 controls/indicators in several clusters so i was thinking of using your method to reference these into a report generation subvi, probably having to use the clusters control names to get the values required?

Regards,

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 17
(515 Views)

@Grant_C wrote:

Hi tst, maybe i am missing something but after i have unzipped your file to the said location, i put 4 different ctls on the front panel, select them all, right click and all i see is "properties".  Do you have any further instruction?

Thanks,

Grant, you are responding to a 3-year old thread.

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 17
(509 Views)

Hi , has a new solution developed in the past 3 years?

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 17
(504 Views)

Perhaps, perhaps not. But there's no guarantee that Robert (or anybody else who participated in this thread) is even monitoring this thread. Once a thread gets really old it's best to start a new thread, and in your message you can refer to this thread as having a technique, but you have found that it doesn't work because of this and this. Then, posters can follow up with you directly.

0 Kudos
Message 16 of 17
(500 Views)

Okay, thanks for your advice.

0 Kudos
Message 17 of 17
(497 Views)