LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HTML, VI Front panel in brouwser

Visialize a VI front panel in a brouwser.

This low end frontpanel viewer can be used to remotely monitor your VI.

Just copy the IP adress:port in your brouwser and see the result.

Enjoy and comment !

HTML VI Frontpanel

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 18
(7,932 Views)

Looks interesting, but I could not test it, I get everywhere broken VIs due to a missing subVI: "Base64 Encode.VI".

So I just guessing, but what you do is to create an image and network publish it? If so, it is good for monitoring, but you cannot control your VI remotely...

By the way, if you want to share example codes, you could use the part of the LV Community website, which is dedicated for code sharing: http://www.ni.com/labview/community/

Besides, when you share your work, keep in mind, many people does not use LV2016 yet. You might wish to present your work in previous versions too, so it reaches more people, more people can test it, comment it...

EDIT: please link again your work if you fix that missing subVI problem, I really would like to test it 🙂 After a second look at the front panel picture, I got confused: is it possible to interact with the running VI from the browser indeed?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 18
(7,891 Views)

Hello Block,

I made a mistake, it suppost to be released in LV2015 (I had 2015 and 2016 open at the time of saving...??)

Added the LV2015 version with the fixed missing subVI.

Hope you can check this.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 18
(7,843 Views)

Seems to work in MS-Edge, but not in chrome browser (displays just a huge number of gibberish text).

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 18
(7,838 Views)

Should work in Chrome too.

Refresh or new tab ?

The code will send the front image of the VI after new TCP/IP connection to each connection.

The server will send the "header HTML" needed for the browser to accept the images.

I have not implemented a way to close the connection if sync is lost. (I don't know how to do)

After the sending of the front image, the image of controls that have a changed value will be send, this can look like you discribed.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 18
(7,824 Views)

@Wazig wrote:

Should work in Chrome too.

Refresh or new tab ?

Here's all I was seeing in Chrome... When I refreshed the page again it started working.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 18
(7,798 Views)

Same here in regards to Chrome just a bunch of text.  IE 11 seems to work.  Not being able to control it is a big bummer.

A similar efforts for this type of functionality in HTML5 and Websockets is over on LAVA here.

https://lavag.org/topic/19236-turn-your-front-panel-into-an-interactive-html5-site/?do=findComment&c...

This allows for also controlling the controls (assuming they aren't being displayed as images).  Sending tons of image data all the time can be a bit of a pain for large front panels so that version can send just the value, and not just the image data, and can also choose to send just the controls that changed since the last update.  And it even has some preliminary support for RT targets including the Linux RT, but likely the older NI RT OS (again if controls aren't seen as images).  My intention was to run that on a Linux RT OS, and then have a webbrowser shown to the local host.  That way the same UI the HMI has and is interacted with can be also controlled from any browser on the same network.  Oh and there's support for hiding, and showing controls, and changing other properties like font size color, etc, and decoration support.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 18
(7,787 Views)

@Hooovahh wrote:

Same here in regards to Chrome just a bunch of text.

It seems to work after you press refresh once more in chrome. Try it.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 18
(7,778 Views)

Hmm, could someone explain to me why we would need to create such feature from "scratch"? For example, I use this for our PXI, and I am satisfied: http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/AB6C6841486E84EA862576C8005A0C26

I can see and control the VI (the startup.rtexe) running on the Pharlap OS via its front panel which I can see from any web browser in the local network...What am I missing here?

I think I do not see the whole picture yet... 😄

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 18
(7,771 Views)

@Blokk wrote:

Hmm, could someone explain to me why we would need to create such feature from "scratch"? For example, I use this for our PXI, and I am satisfied: http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/AB6C6841486E84EA862576C8005A0C26

I can see and control the VI (the startup.rtexe) running on the Pharlap OS via its front panel which I can see from any web browser in the local network...What am I missing here?

I think I do not see the whole picture yet... 😄

You ever try to get that running on your Android phone?  IPhone? Tablet? ARM based MS Surface? Windows Mobile? Linux/Mac/Windows will need the LabVIEW RTE and I don't know what other issues you'll run into on Linux and Mac if it even works at all.  Then there is also no support for reentrant VIs in NI's method of remote front panels (not that the custom ones work yet but they could)  Then each client can have their own view, and controlling their own VI at the same time.

All of this is made simpler by telling the customer "Go to this address and you can see your running tests, and look up reports and test results."  No need to install stuff, just use any modern browser.

Message 10 of 18
(7,763 Views)