LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HP 5334A Error 1.01

We are trying to acquire QCM reading using HP5334A universal counter.  We hope to use the labview as interface and read/store this data onto computer.  When working with the driver provided on NI website.  HP5334A outputs error 1.01 which means attenuation is set to x10 when auto trigger is turn on.  The HP5334A front panel shows no indication of x10 attenuation been turned on.  System is reset to local before reassessing the labview control, same error occurred.  The driver came with attenuation set to x1.  Seeking advise regarding auto trigger related problems.

Additionally, the driver is set for single cycle.  If I set WA1 to WA0 would it be possible to read data continuously?  If I want to read more than once per minute, should I put in the high frequency command?

driver dl address:
http://sine.ni.com/apps/we/niid_web_display.download_page?p_id_guid=E3B19B3E9222659CE034080020E74861
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,735 Views)
The default of the subvi HP5334A.vi is x1 and I am not sure why it is defaulting to x10. If you don't want it to ever be x10 you could change the attenuation control to a constant False that would force it to be x1 every time.

As for the question about continuous acquisition. I need some clarification of what you mean by WA1 and WA0.

Regards
Krista S.
Applications Engineering
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,716 Views)

Thank you for replying Krista.  We disabled auto trigger for now to get it to work.  What we would like to do is actually take readings from qcm at about 10 readings/second and store these readings in excel.  But since I'm running single cycle, how should I approach this?  Additionally, if I want to ran another interface which calls on this driver and make all the writing /recording with the other interface, how should I deal with this frequency problem?

Thanks.

hang

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,704 Views)
The best way to controll a single cycle read is to use a while loop and controll the frequency with a wait. As for the second question could you please clarify this for me. I am not sure what you are wanting.

Regards
Krista S.
Applications Engineering
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,689 Views)