From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HOW TO GET REFFERENCE OF INDICATOR OF TYPE DEF CLUSTRE

Solved!
Go to solution

Have 2 quastions:

1. Have a type def culster of boolian indicators.

how to extract individual references so I can pass them to sub vi.

2. Since bollian indicators dont latch its value.

Can I make an array of boolian indicators that will keep its value hen passes to sub vi.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 12
(3,046 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Metachnet

why do you want to pass individual reference to a subvi ? pass cluster reference.

cluster.png

Indicators keep the value what has been assigned to them. what do you mean by indicators do not latch its value.

Message 2 of 12
(3,039 Views)

Have a state machine.

I write TRUE to Boolian Indicator, and then go next to next state.

When I return to the Begining State Machine state again it looks that the boolian lost its previos TRUE value.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 12
(3,030 Views)

Have tried your concept and it provides me with actual value, but I need the individual reference of each element. thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 12
(3,000 Views)

@Metachnet wrote:

Have tried your concept and it provides me with actual value, but I need the individual reference of each element. thanks.

What do you think those skinny little lines connecting the array index and the value property nodes are?

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
Message 5 of 12
(2,989 Views)

Thanks Billko

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 12
(2,962 Views)

@Neos wrote:

Thanks Billko

Hey, I re-read my comment and it sounded kinda snarky.  Sorry about that, it was supposed to be silly, not sarcastic.

The example might have been clearer had it included reference indicators instead of ending in property nodes.  That kind of threw you off the track.

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Message 7 of 12
(2,956 Views)

Actually the example was to just show how to get reference of individual controls of cluster.

whatever the OP wants to do with refrences its his choice.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 12
(2,953 Views)

@Neos wrote:

Actually the example was to just show how to get reference of individual controls of cluster.

whatever the OP wants to do with refrences its his choice.

Firstly, I got a little confused because you had thanked me and so I thought you were the OP for a moment.

Secondly, though - your example added just enough obfuscation that the OP did not understand that this was actually an exercise to get references from a cluster.

I know you used the property nodes to bring out the reference wires.  If the wires were connected to indicators that said "control reference" it would probably have been clearer.

One thing you should note is that if a pupil does not get the concept you are trying to teach, 99% of the time it is the teacher's fault.

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 12
(2,947 Views)

One thing you should note is that if a pupil does not get the concept you are trying to teach, 99% of the time it is the teacher's fault

I agree.

But sometimes it is okay to give just an idea or clue of what to do and let OP learn that.

Still i take this as my fault.

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 12
(2,938 Views)