cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HElP: SCPI commands not supported by instrument

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello all,

I am actually writing my own drivers right now. I want to use PULSE to do some measurement,but I just found out this SCPI command I am using

":SOURce[1]:FUNCtion:SHAPe <DC|PULSe>" is not supported by the instrument. 

What should I do?

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(3,268 Views)
Use a command supported by the instrument or use a instrument that does support the command.

I have no idea what instrument you are trying to use or where you got the command. Both of those are important details.
Message 2 of 9
(3,260 Views)

@huskerli wrote:

Hello all,

I am actually writing my own drivers right now. I want to use PULSE to do some measurement,but I just found out this SCPI command I am using

":SOURce[1]:FUNCtion:SHAPe <DC|PULSe>" is not supported by the instrument. 

What should I do?

Thanks

The instrument has the ultimate say. If the command is not supported, it is not supported. I don't know what you expect we can do about that.
Message 3 of 9
(3,259 Views)

@DennisKnutson wrote:
Use a command supported by the instrument or use a instrument that does support the command.

I have no idea what instrument you are trying to use or where you got the command. Both of those are important details.

He has another thread open about this same topic.

http://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW/agilent-SCPI-commands/m-p/2539162

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 9
(3,257 Views)

I am using Agilent B2901A and I get the command from the Agilent B2900 Series SCPI command reference page 325.

I just do not get it since the instrument has that functionality and I been manually tested successfully why there is no SCPI command for that?

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 9
(3,248 Views)

I just do not get it since the instrument has that functionality and I been manually tested successfully why there is no SCPI command for that?

I think I must missed something really important and wanna someone who know this can points out me

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9
(3,247 Views)
Do some basic troubleshooting. Open a test panel in MAX. Go into the pulse mode manually. In the test panel, query the shape function. Write that down. Manually change back to DC. In MAX, send the command you think should work. Look at the instrument to see if it changed. If not, do an ERR? query in MAX. Write those results down. Post back with the results.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9
(3,233 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author huskerli

Looking at the docs you provided, this command is listed under Conventional commands not supported by B2900. So I guess this function is not supported.  If an equivalent command exists, you will have to find it in the docs you provided.  You may have to experiment a little.

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 9
(3,223 Views)
Listed at the end of the and mentioned in the first thread!
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9
(3,209 Views)