LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HELP! How to build a complete block diagram for my project?

Hi guys. I am currently doing a project. But I find it difficult to build a block diagram as the steps involved are just too complicated. Here are my projects data:

1. I am using a He-Ne laser that projects on a chopper. This means that I need to build a frequecy setting in the project. 

2. Then the laser is projected on the surface of the carbon fibre sample which is then embedded with PVDF to measure the temperature changes. Here I need to build a block diagram which will collect the data in degree Celcius.
3. Then my data is collected using DAQ which is connected to a lock-in amplifier. The final result that i need will be the data form and the intensity graph form.
But I wonder how to build all the VIs in a particular block diagram? Can anyone help me? Can someone shows me the block diagram for me to refer? Thanks guys!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,321 Views)

How much are you willing to pay someone to do this project for you?

Is this a school project?  If you think the project is too difficult to do, why do you think it would be a simple as someone just giving you a quick block diagram?

This is too big of a project for you if you are just starting with LabVIEW.  Start with a smaller project.  Start with taking some tutorials.

I would recommend looking at the online LabVIEW tutorials
LabVIEW Introduction Course - Three Hours
LabVIEW Introduction Course - Six Hours

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(3,317 Views)

Huh? First things first, what exactly do you mean by block diagram? Please elaborate on that part, to me while the steps may or may not be complicated on themselves, organizing them in LV sounds fairly simple:

Set frequency > measure temperature > send data > process data > store data

So what do you want to do? A flow chart? There is plenty of Software that does that, I personally use Smartdraw (not free tho). You mean organizing the steps in LabVIEW? Most important mantra in LV: THINK DATAFLOW. You can easily create a SubVI for each step, and sequence them, or use a state machine or a plethora of other options. What is your LV expertise? If not confident in it, take the free courses, or consider a paid one, worth your money.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,316 Views)

Ya. I need to set the frequency>measure the temperature>get the data>send the data>process the data>store the data. So you mean i can build SubVI in each steps?

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(3,300 Views)

Thanks for the link! I appreciate it!

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(3,298 Views)