cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Green Stripes Glitch IMAQdx

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi,

When I acquire image (from Basler camera acA2500-14gm/gc through ethernet) using IMAQdx, I get an images with horizontal green stripes glitches. Does anyone ever met this problem?

Michał Bieńkowski
CLA, CTA

Someone devote his time to help solve your problem? Appreciate it and give kudos. Problem solved? Accept as a solution so that others can find it faster in the future.
Make a contribution to the development of TestStand - vote on TestStand Idea Exchange.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,994 Views)

Those green stripes are lost packets. You should look in to your ethernet switch and/or ethernet adapter to see if you can optimize anything. I know you can sometimes mess around with jumbo frames settings and you can also bring in images at a slower rate, or size, to help this.

Do you have other network activity going on other than the image coming in? I've had this problem before when I was trying to acquire images from 4 different cameras at the same time through an ethernet switch. One set of images would come in fine (I guess it took priority over the others) and the others would have the green lines.

Cheers

--------,       Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines                                           ,--------

'---   >The shortest distance between two nodes is a straight wire>   ---'

Message 2 of 4
(2,952 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author bienieck

It seems that the problem was in ethernet card driver settings. I changed advanced settings in network driver properties, called "speed & duplex" from auto negotiating to fixed bps and the problem disappeared (it seems that it disappeared).

Michał Bieńkowski
CLA, CTA

Someone devote his time to help solve your problem? Appreciate it and give kudos. Problem solved? Accept as a solution so that others can find it faster in the future.
Make a contribution to the development of TestStand - vote on TestStand Idea Exchange.
Message 3 of 4
(2,945 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author bienieck

I dug this post up to close it properly. As a solution for mentioned glitches we used separate ethernet card with Intel chipset, as Basler documentation recommends. Maybe someone will find this information useful one day 😄

Michał Bieńkowski
CLA, CTA

Message 4 of 4
(2,727 Views)