LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Great coding challenge

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi All, Can anyone solve this ? Its a great coding challenge for top coders of LabVIEW

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 13
(4,592 Views)

You have nothing attached or included here. If this is your homework assignment, we will not complete it for you.

Cheers

--------,       Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines                                           ,--------

'---   >The shortest distance between two nodes is a straight wire>   ---'

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 13
(4,584 Views)

Come On This is not an assignment or homework. I got this from

http://apps.topcoder.com/forums/;jsessionid=7770BB0F6AB295F9A895BA8E53543A28?module=Thread&threadID=...

I am beginner to LabVIEW just started exploring some applications. 

I am just curious how labview code can be implemented for this.

If you are interested you can otherwise NO PROBLEM

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 13
(4,479 Views)

instruction :

1. Do not write main function
  2. When you submit your code, 10 test cases of different complexity level are executed in the background and marks are given based on test cases passed

I'm inclined to think James is right about this being a homework assignment. You will find it very easy to get help on an assignment by posting what you have done so far, and what exactly you are getting stuck on. You may find people less helpful when you try to trick them into giving you a free pass.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 13
(4,543 Views)

This teacher likes to use a lot of colored text.

Cheers

--------,       Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines                                           ,--------

'---   >The shortest distance between two nodes is a straight wire>   ---'

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 13
(4,536 Views)

These are general programming challenges and have nothing to do with LabVIEW. Who wrote them?

(In fact, a LabVIEW based solution can only be given once the required data types and connector patterns are defined for the inputs and outputs.)

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 13
(4,499 Views)

@sanshark wrote:

I am beginner to LabVIEW just started exploring some applications. 

I am just curious how labview code can be implemented for this.

If you are a beginner you should probably start with something simpler. Learn the basics of dataflow, programming structures, shift registers, etc. and built it up from there.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 13
(4,455 Views)

I already started with this.

but got struck in between.

I am getting answer for same color path but not getting how to do if destination point is in different color

please check the attachment and let me know if any suggestion

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 13
(4,402 Views)

Thanks for the suggestion

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 13
(4,372 Views)
  • I haven't looked at the code in detail, but what is the purpose of the tab control? It seem to be just a glorified decoration.
  • Some of your array constants contain extra zeroes at the end, probably not a real problem, just cosmetic.
  • What was the format of the picture? It is surprising that it makes the VI so large on disk.
  • You only need one diagram constant that is "15". You can branch the wire. Much less error prone to change the code later (e.g. to 14 because of faster engines :D) if you don't have to make identical changes in may places. Maybe you could even do the x15 after the case structure.
  • U8 is probably a poor choice. A metro system of a big city might have more than 256 stops.
  • Check the code. Of one of the stops is e.g. 4 you might get a "not equal", even if you stay on the same line.
  • etc...

Overall, a good start. Keep going... 😄

Message 10 of 13
(4,320 Views)