LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grayscaling image acquired from webcam

I don't have much idea of Labview but i am given a project on it. Thus, i found the image acquiring module and conversion of image into grayscale module. Now, i need to convert the acquired image to grayscale without describing the path. The attached file will make you more clear about my query. 

Thank you

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,904 Views)

Hi Freak,

LabVIEW is a programming language. It sounds like your boss just wants you to "do LabVIEW", but you really must learn the language a little bit first. While it is true that you can start talking to instruments pretty quickly and have a GUI to play with, you have to read and practice to use it effectively. There are some links in the top right of the LabVIEW forum.

That being said, the forums are a great place to learn more about programming LabVIEW. In your program you have about 20 different indicators, and I am not sure what you are after. Do you just want to view an image in grayscale? Do you want to convert the RGB values to an intensity?

Some good practice to clean up your could would be to try to make wires run from left to right, and to not overlap objects, like the For loops you have overlapped.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,880 Views)

Thanks for the help. But for now i need to convert the image acquired from the camera and i need to change the same image into grayscale image with some intensity.

Then i got he module for acquiring image(attachment named as acqurie.vi) and i found a module to convert rgb image into grayscale (attachment convert_to_grayscale.vi). Now i need to connect both module and create as one which finally allows me to first capture picture from the camera and then convert it into garyscale image automatically after capturing. 

Thanks in anticipation.

About learning labview, i appreciate what u said and ofcourse i will follow your instruction sincerely but for now, to shut my prof up i need to complete it soon. Help me.

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,856 Views)

If these both work for you...

Create a new VI.  Drag both of these into that VI.  Pass the image from the first to the second.  Use the output from the second.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,844 Views)