From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphically good software ?

Hi, 

Is labview graphically good for making Kiosk or cash systems in restaurant? if not, please do suggest me good programming language for making good graphics. If possible in labview, how to make really good and graphically neat software?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,422 Views)

Hi Jay,

what is the relation between a programming language and a "good looking UI"? For me there is none…

Usually you create your UI graphics with your favorite graphics tool (GIMP, PhotoShop, whatever). Then you import those graphics into your programming environment to create an UI from. You can import (nearly) any graphic you like in LabVIEW…

There is a special UI Interest group here. Read the articles posted over there to get an impression what you can achieve with LabVIEW!

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,417 Views)

My biggest question on this:

What is the target you want to run the application on?

Windows PC? Mobile device? Smartphone?

Norbert

Norbert
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CEO: What exactly is stopping us from doing this?
Expert: Geometry
Marketing Manager: Just ignore it.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,412 Views)

Hi,

Windows PC.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,405 Views)

Then please listen to Gerds advice.

LV is a programming language and you can create real beautiful stuff with it, but without knowledge, skill and discipline, you can create ugly beasts as well... so it all depends on the person who works on it.

Norbert

Norbert
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CEO: What exactly is stopping us from doing this?
Expert: Geometry
Marketing Manager: Just ignore it.
Message 5 of 5
(2,357 Views)