From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphical LCD

Hi

Can anybody here guide me to a tutorial of interfacing a graphical LCD with LabVIEW!!!
Somil Gautam
Think Weird
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(2,869 Views)
My first, snarky response, connect it to a computer. I'm sure that isn't what you are asking, so I will say, "can you be more specific?" LabVIEW is a programming language, so interfacing it to an LCD is sort of like saying how to interface BASIC to an LCD. If you mean can LabVIEW generate the digital inputs to an LCD, well not without some interfacing hardware, and then the answer is maybe.
Putnam
Certified LabVIEW Developer

Senior Test Engineer North Shore Technology, Inc.
Currently using LV 2012-LabVIEW 2018, RT8.5

LabVIEW Champion

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(2,864 Views)

Somil,

There are LCD's out there that have a serial board attachment that allow you to write messages to the LCD by just sending tiny serial commands and text. Such as (but not limited to nor endorsed by me): http://www.seetron.com/

Very simple and well worth the extra dollars for the ease of serial interface!

Richard

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(2,852 Views)

Hi

Here is what i am trying to do. Capture the video through a cam and stream it live on a graphical LCD. Presently i am going to use a computer to connect the cam and the LCD. 

(I have no experience of working with any kind of LCD 😞 )

How can i go with it?

Somil Gautam
Think Weird
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(2,819 Views)

What part do you want LabVIEW to play in this? Are you planning on modifying the video, analyze it, what? If the LCD is just a monitor (doesn't require extra hardware beyond a computer's video card) then it will act as any other monitor, only lighter, thinner, less power. We will still need more information of exactly what you are trying to do, so far it sounds like just connecting the right video camera and the monitor. Most cameras that connect to computers come with some software drivers (for the OS, not LabVIEW drivers) that allow video capture/display. So give us more details.

Putnam
Certified LabVIEW Developer

Senior Test Engineer North Shore Technology, Inc.
Currently using LV 2012-LabVIEW 2018, RT8.5

LabVIEW Champion

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(2,794 Views)
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(2,761 Views)
Any update?
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(2,732 Views)