LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graph ring picture controls.

I am looking for a way to select the propertyes of a cursor in a separated custom dialog VI. I cannot find the picture ring controls for some propertyes as cursor style, point style, etc... Is there a way to get this controls from labview, or at least the images of each one to make a custom one?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(3,155 Views)

Hi Antonio,

simple solution:

In your "main" VI you create a small graph and show it's cursor palette. You use this palette to have the user set cursor properties. Then you just read the properties and use them to set the properties of the cursor/graph in your "separated custom dialog VI"…

Why don't you enable the graph palette in the dialog VI? It's a dialog, where the user usually have access to FP controls!?

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(3,136 Views)
I dont want to show the cursors pallete in the main VI and therefore I dont have acces to the cursors shortcuts. The reason is that I have two big graphs in the main screen, and some options in a separated pane (separated with a vertical splitter), with múltiple tabs, one of them dedicated to display the cursors values in custom numeric controls. From this tab, I want to create a pop up dialog for cursor propeties, in wich I can change color, style etc vía property nodes. The only problem is that I want to select the style, with its asociated picture as you do in the cursors pallete, so the user selects a imagen instead of a number.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(3,127 Views)

Hi Antonio,

I still don't see why you can't use a standard graph - you may even hide the graph display itself and only show the graph palette…

If you want to create a different solution: use some picture rings with some self-made images!

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(3,121 Views)
I could add a copy of the graph in the pop up dialog showing only the cursors pallete and done. But then I also want to remove some options from the shortucuts on this pallete. And I dont think you can customize this shortcut, since it onlu alows you to click on the graph, avanced, runtime shortcut menú, but not when cliking on the cursors pallete.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(3,116 Views)
Yes, I'll en up doing the images one by one and creating my own controls I think. Thank you!
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(3,113 Views)
Unless ther is a way to find out tha name of the application tags of the options I want and create a custom shortcut with them. But I don't know where to look for them.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(3,100 Views)
I have just read that you can find the name of the tags analyzing the selections with a event structure, so I'll try to figure it out 🙂
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(3,079 Views)