From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graph palette special keybindings

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi!

I have a graph which displays wave and some cursors. Is there a way to assign a special key binding for the graph palette controls? Say that I want to zoom in on the graph, then I could press the "z-button" on my keyboard and then the zoom in function on the palette would be selected. Same goes for pan, and cursor. Shouldn't there be a easy way in Labview to do this, or do I have to make a separated program?

Best regards Maurlind!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,634 Views)

I doubt you can do it directly. But you can create Event for key press and using that you can perform the Zoom operation in the Graph. Similarly you can perform the other operations.

-----

The best solution is the one you find it by yourself
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,620 Views)

Hi maurlind,

Shouldn't there be a easy way in Labview to do this

If you think so you can add a new LabVIEW idea in the LabVIEW Idea Exchange!

do I have to make a separated program?

You can control your graph with its property nodes. Use an event structure to determine key press events…

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,606 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author maurlind

Solved it with keyevent and case structure, inside I paced a propertynode with Active palette tool

I used the basic code from this link:  http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/D295B048D1B6E0D3862571EA005FBDE4

Best regards Maurlind!

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,585 Views)