LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graph flicker on one PC, but not another

I am running LabVIEW 7.1.
I am using the basic state machine architecture, with an Idle state that updates a graph on the front panel. This approach has worked fine for months, but on one particular PC the graph flickers while it is updated in the Idle state. This IDENTICAL code run on a different PC does not exhibit the flicker. Any ideas? I've tried smoothing, turning off autoscale, etc. It flickers ONLY the graph on the whole screen.

Thanks.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,269 Views)
Lets try a simple thing first.
Check if there are any overlapping front panel objects. For example if there is an object label very close to the left side of the graph AND that particular machine has a different system font setting (larger), it is possible that the label suddenly overlaps with the graph. This can cause performance problems redrawing the FP.

How different are the machine specs? Different OS? Have you tried upgrading the video driver?
Message 2 of 3
(2,261 Views)
Good call. I have the Plot Legend located inside the plot area (in the upper right-hand corner). This was no issue for many PCs on which I ran my application, but it turns out to be a problem for this one particular PC. When I move the Plot Legend outside of the plot area on this troublesome PC, then the graph updates do not flicker. Strangely, the currently troublesome PC exhibited normal behavior in the past, but this piece of evidence is greatly complicated by the fact that this PC's hard drive (and hence video driver) has been swapped with another hard drive--more than once--due to extenuating circumstances. I just need to ensure the video driver is the latest and greatest. But, I consider this problem solved since I was able to repeatedly make it disappear and re-appear by moving the Plot Legend. The final solution may involve both moving the Plot Legend and/or ensuring proper video drivers. Thanks for your input!
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,252 Views)