LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gradual Appearance of UI

Hello,

Is it possible to have gradual appearance of a LabVIEW UI (similar to the way it is in Windows 7)?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(2,678 Views)
Could you describe better what you're trying to accomplish? Are you referring to the LabVIEW IDE or your own app? And what kind of gradual appearance are you referring to?
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(2,676 Views)

My apologies for not stating it clearly. I was referring to the way programs open when double-clicked in Windows 7.

I was wondering if something similar could be done to a custom built GUI (exe) that is built in LabVIEW that runs on Windows XP.

Thank you!

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(2,674 Views)

Such as using transparency?

Here is a portion of a subVI I use that is an error dialog box and have it fade in and fade out.  This is the fade in portion.  The fade out just wires the i directly to the property node.

I believe I also had to set a property for the window appearance on the VI that this is in to allow the window to run transparently.  You can adjust the timer function to make it run fast or slower.  This did a 1/2 second fade in which looked good to me.

Message Edited by Ravens Fan on 04-07-2010 04:26 PM
Message 4 of 7
(2,665 Views)

Yes, those are the words (fade and transparency) that would have made my question clear... Thank you, Ravens Fan.

Now, the VI snippet would only be initiated at startup (and maybe exit of the GUI), right?

If I understand correctly, this is what I need to do:

1) Change transparency of the GUI (VI properties -> Window appearance). Just curious, what value did you set it to?

2) Add the fade in and out based on the snippet below and customize it based my needs.

Thanks again!

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(2,639 Views)

Correct.   That one was at startup.  The setting in the Customize section of the Window Appearance has "Window runs transparently" checked and the box filled in at 100% so when it first flashes open, you don't see it.  And th 100-i tapers it down from 100% to 0% thus make the windows grow more solid.

The real dialog box code is in the middle.  And then the code at the end just like this that is initiated at the Panel Close? event (in case the user hits the Window X at the top right) or the OK or Cancel button (to exit from this popup error dialgo) runs the same code, but just connects to the i terminal so it goes from 0% (fully solid) to 100% (completely transparent)  Then the VI does an FP.close method on itself, then closes its own reference and the code ends.

Message 6 of 7
(2,628 Views)
Well i thought that deserved a Kudos Smiley Tongue
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Everything should be made as simple as possible but no simpler"
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(2,585 Views)