From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Got error when import and export data from Access.

I am trying to import or export data from Microsoft Access. I downloaded an example code from this forum which is attached below.But when I run this example, got an error code -2147467259 which is unspecified error.

I am using Developer suite 2004 which includes labview 7.1 and SQL toolkits. I can see Database Connectivity toolkit from function pallete and SQL toolkit from C:\Program Files\National Instruments\LabVIEW 7.1\vi.lib\addons\_SQL. When I installed Data Access Components (MADC) by running the mdac_type.exe file from Toolset Software CD came with Developer Suite, got error message which is MDAC 2.5 has been installed but the system couldn't been upgraded. Then I downloaded MDAC 2.6 from Microsoft websi
te and successfully installed it.

I have no any knowledge of SQL and ActiveX, so couldn't figure it out what's wrong with the program or my system. Could anybosy tell me where I sould refer to and what the problem is?

Thank you so much.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,549 Views)
It must be some wrong with the system or driver but not the program. I tried different program downloaded from internet, got the same error message.

What should I do for prerequisite of using SQL?

Thanks
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,549 Views)
The example is one that I posted a long time ago. If you have either the SQL Toolkit or the Database Connectevity Toolkit, you should not even try to get the ActiveX example working. The error may be any number of things. It was originally written for Access 97 and the problem might be that your version of Access has different methods or properties. The SQL Toolkit version should work as long as you have the example database defined in the ODBC Data Source
Administrator. Since you've paid for the DCT, then I would suggest using the examples that come with that and follow the instructions for setting up a database that come with the toolkit.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,549 Views)
Hi Dennis,

Thanks for your reply.
But I couldn't find the instruction for setting up a database and examples come with the toolkit.

Where can I find detail information about how to install SQL toolkit and ODBC configuration? There is no SQL toolkit user manual come with the software and it is not on the website.

I am not sure if I installed SQl properly because SQl toolkit driver is not shown in Mocrosoft ODBC Data Source Adminstrator and Labview couldn't find some SQL subvis, such as get column information.vi, get database information.vi.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,549 Views)
The manual can be found here and the installation instructions are here.

There won't necessarily anything in the ODBC administrator that says the SQL Toolkit is installed. If I remember right, you have the option to install ODBC drivers from the toolkit but you probably don't need to. If you have a MS Access driver listed, then you should be okay. The missing VIs might be a problem with the install. The toolkit is pretty old (not supported any more by NI I think) and I think it put the VIs in the \LabV
IEW folder and not necessarily in the current LabIEW folder (i.e. \LabVIEW 7.1).
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,549 Views)