LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Golden Template Comparison

Solved!
Go to solution

I'm trying to create a golden template comparison but couldn't get correct result. I used

IMAQ Create,

Read File,

Learn Golden Template,

Compare Golden Template,

Highlight Golden Template Defects,

respectively. Even if I use the same image, the defects are coming out. What is the problem with this VI? Do I need more steps to do this comparison?

I am using the "NI_Label" images under examples directory. You can see the VI in attachment.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(3,678 Views)

Have you had a chance to check out the Golden Template shipping example? I would give that a try and see if you have your program set up the same way!

http://www.ni.com/example/30556/en/

Let me know if that helps!

Rob B
FlexRIO Product Manager
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(3,611 Views)

Hello Rob,

I look at that example, it works fine but it uses pattern matching functions beside golden template functions. I'm trying to get the simplest code for Golden Template Comparison with using Learn Golden Template & Compare Golden Template functions. Isn't that possible?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(3,599 Views)

I was taking a look at the VI that you send but you are missing a subVI in what you posted. Can you attach a screenshot of the defects that you are seeing. What ROI are you using ? The reason that you use pattern matching before the golden template is to figure out where the area you are comparing is.

Rob B
FlexRIO Product Manager
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(3,573 Views)

Sorry for late response. Attached, defects image.

I don't know which subVI is missing.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(3,506 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author sevincom

Hi sevincom,

From the code you attached to your first post, it seems that you are not defining any region of interest before performing the Golden Template comparison. I would recommend defining a region of interest prior to comparison to isolate what region needs to be compared.

Regards,

Jordan G.

Applications Engineer

National Instruments

LabVIEW Product Marketing Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(3,470 Views)