LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Glyphs no longer appear under glyphs tab in icon editor

Solved!
Go to solution

Darin -- As Mr. Burns would say, ehhhhcellent (heh, heh). I did want to report it as a bug but found no such place, so explained situation on the suggestion-box board. Is that the best way to report apparent bugs?

By the way, are those real RayBan's you're wearing? Worth a fortune today.

0 Kudos
Message 21 of 30
(1,453 Views)

Bad news: The idea was declined.

Good news: Changed to a CAR (ie. bug report)

Bad news:  It can take a long time to get bugs fixed unless they are showstoppers.

Good news: This is a bug in G code and not the source code.

Bad news: LV12 is ready to ship soon so too late for this release (betas are made to fix these bugs).

Good news: LV12 SP1 is not too far away.

0 Kudos
Message 22 of 30
(1,429 Views)
Good news g=source code? As opposed to c-code?
greetings from the Netherlands
0 Kudos
Message 23 of 30
(1,424 Views)

I ran into a what I think was an issue similar to the OP's just now when I updated some of my icon packs (I was using Tango and Oxygen packs and moved to the Open Icon Library pack).  The old icon packs were still showing up in the Glyphs list even though I deleted them and the new icons were not appearing.  I looked in the "LabVIEW Data\Glyphs" folder and found .bin files at the bottom.  Figuring that those were icon caches, I deleted them and expected the Icon Editor to regenerate the cache on next startup.  Instead, I was greeted to a blank list.

The accepted solution in this thread (download NI Icon Library and XML file and do a manual sync) worked for me and found all of my non-NI icons as well.  However, the better behavior would be to have the Icon Editor regenerate its icon cache automatically if the appropriate .bin file is not present. 

0 Kudos
Message 24 of 30
(1,405 Views)

I read this whole thread and the common theme is to download the icon library at ni.com as well as the Icon library XML file.  Unfortunately, for whatever reason, maybe it's just the end of the work day for example, I cannot find that darn XML file anywhere.  No searches on ni.com come up with anything other than "copy and save the Icon Library XML file" to an easily accessible location.  I'm pretty sure I could copy it if I could find a link to download it. 

If both the Icon Library and Icon Library XML file are required in order to perform a manual installation of the Icon Library shouldn't they be present at the same download page?  Or at least mention each other somewhere on their respective download pages?

Call me crazy or maybe just completely blind but as always, any help is appreciated. 

FWIW, when I use Tools->Synchronize with ni.com Icon Libarary from the Icon Editor I get

Error 7 occurred at lv_icon.lvlibp: ResolveURLbyUsingInfoCode.vi

Possible reason(s): http://digital.ni.com/express.nsf/bycode/ex98bv

Complete call chain:

lv_icon.lvlidp:ResolveUrlbyUsingInfocode.vi

lv_icon.lvlibp:Download iconlibrary files.vi

lv_icon.lvlibp:ni.com_iconlibrary.vi

I'm running LabVIEW 2011 SP1 on XP SP3

Sorry I wasn't able to peform the same manual procedure everyone else has been previously capable of performing.

Grant M. Johnson
Project Engineer
LECO Corporation
0 Kudos
Message 25 of 30
(1,355 Views)

Yea, trying to sync with NI icon library in the icon editor won't work.  I got the same error as was noted in one of my previous posts.  The XML file is there on NIs website.  Currently I don't remember where I located it, but I'm sure someone on this site can tell you (or link you) to exactly where to find it.  I should have provided a link in my solution.  Sorry for that.  If you still don't have an answer by tomorrow, I look for it (and make a much needed addition to the solution).

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Reese, (former CLAD, future CLD)

Some people call me the Space Cowboy!
Some call me the gangster of love.
Some people call me MoReese!
...I'm right here baby, right here, right here, right here at home
Message 26 of 30
(1,348 Views)

Thanks for the patience and willingness to help with this whole issue.  I tried the same manual download of the ni icon library procedure on another development machine and it worked fine.  I was surprised to see the icon XML file load up into an internet explorer tab which I could then save as the actual XML file.  Apparently I had so many tabs and instances of internet explorer opened on my original machine that I didn't notice when one more opened up and thought the link to the actual XML file was broken.  Maybe that is an II setting to automatically open XML files for viewing.  I expected a download operation similar to the library Zip file and gave up to soon.

I too appear to be up and going after following the manual procedure described in this thread for syncing with the ni icon library.

Grant

Grant M. Johnson
Project Engineer
LECO Corporation
0 Kudos
Message 27 of 30
(1,336 Views)

Glad to hear you are going.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Reese, (former CLAD, future CLD)

Some people call me the Space Cowboy!
Some call me the gangster of love.
Some people call me MoReese!
...I'm right here baby, right here, right here, right here at home
0 Kudos
Message 28 of 30
(1,333 Views)

You can get the XML file using this URL

http://digital.ni.com/express.nsf/bycode/exvefe

The sync problem appears to be an intermittent bug, which was recently reported (CAR 368087).

0 Kudos
Message 29 of 30
(1,328 Views)

I found it interesting that the glyphs and icons in my ..\username\\My Documents\LabVIEW Data were not granted full access by my login.  I updated the securtiy preferences to allow myself (my login) full access and Viola, all the templates and icons appeared!

0 Kudos
Message 30 of 30
(1,085 Views)