From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Global variable value update to indicator on run time

everything recursive can be done iteratively

that's what loops are for

If Tetris has taught me anything, it's errors pile up and accomplishments disappear.
0 Kudos
Message 41 of 58
(1,185 Views)

Yes i mean re-entant subvi that i set in properties of subvi

0 Kudos
Message 42 of 58
(1,176 Views)

If i press boolean button it shout keep on update string indicator of main (because of subvi is recursive subvi).

subvi calls recursively whenver the second if condition becomes true or else it will not update string indicator.

For my testing if i make second if equlal to  true then string indicator should update. (even if it updating with same string also ok ).

Regards

Punith

0 Kudos
Message 43 of 58
(1,167 Views)

Hi Friends,

Do i need to provide any more information?.

Kindly suggest me.

Regards

Punith

0 Kudos
Message 44 of 58
(1,138 Views)

I'm not clear if you are clear on the terminology.

recursion:  a subVI is able to call itself

reentrant:  a subVI can be called multiple times from multiple places, they are separate instances of memory space and are able to run simultaneously.

non-reentrant:  a subVI has only 1 instance that can be executed at a time.  If it is called from somwhere else, it must wait until the first instance is done executing before the second one begins.

Actually, recursion never existed in LabVIEW until fairly recently.  It is a very uncommon use case, and I doubt that you actually need recursion.

0 Kudos
Message 45 of 58
(1,126 Views)

Actually, recursion never existed in LabVIEW until fairly recently.  It is a very uncommon use case, and I doubt that you actually need recursion.

Oh man, how I love, when I find something that can be done with real recursion... It is as you say very uncommon, though.

Remember Cunningham's Law
0 Kudos
Message 46 of 58
(1,113 Views)

my subvi nopt calling only once so it is recursive(calling itself). Anyone did implemation in my code.

Regards

Punith

0 Kudos
Message 47 of 58
(1,109 Views)

You say in your VI's that the LAB_VB_AVTV2_data_calculation.vi is the recursive VI that is calling itself.

Have you attached that anywhere?  I don't see it in any of your messages.  Until we see that subVI, we can't see how you have it calling itself.

0 Kudos
Message 48 of 58
(1,102 Views)

HI friends,

The subvi_test1.vi itslef LAB_VB_AVTV2_data_calculation.vi .

Did any one solve my problem?.

Regards

Punith

0 Kudos
Message 49 of 58
(1,073 Views)

Only question is,

If SUBVi is recursive and its keep on giving output. How to update this output in main indicator.

If any one did changes in my main_test1.vi and subvi_test1.vi, kinldy let me know.

Regards

Punith

Regards

Punith

0 Kudos
Message 50 of 58
(1,070 Views)