LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Global variable value update to indicator on run time

Still i am facing some issue with user event handler. Could you tell me how to do with global variable?.

Regards

Punith

0 Kudos
Message 21 of 58
(1,648 Views)

HI ALL,

Here i am updating the subvi and main vi which tells what actually i need kindly tell me how to solve this.

Regards

Punith

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 22 of 58
(1,636 Views)

There are missing a lot of sub-vi's. It is nearly impossible to give any advice without these sub-vi's.

But there are some part I can comment on:

• Remove the In-place structures.
  • Where are your main while loop? For any program you need to have one while loop in your main vi.
  • I still can't see why you need to have a recursive vi in your prorgam.
  • Learn about while/for loops and shift registers. I'm sure they can help you a lot more. 
0 Kudos
Message 23 of 58
(1,619 Views)

subvi-6 is just taking input and giving hex output.

subvi-3 is actual subvitest1.vi  which is one what i have shared.

Dont worry about subvi-6, it is just giving hex string output.

Regards

Punith

0 Kudos
Message 24 of 58
(1,615 Views)

If we need to help you, the best way is to share ALL the code.

Get a part of the code does not help us in figuring out what you are doing and helping you.

It is hard to navigate through code when there are parts that is missing and parts that has been renamed but not relinked.

0 Kudos
Message 25 of 58
(1,600 Views)

OK Here will subvi-6

0 Kudos
Message 26 of 58
(1,591 Views)

OK, just looking at your main VI:

• Please get rid of all the inplace structures 
  • The String you are writing into is not an indicator
  • I second dk in not seeing why you need a recursive VI
  • I am still a true believer that normal dataflow would be enough to solve this.
  • In your BD there is no trace of a user event anywhere. (don't know for sure though, as I don't own a "trace event detector"Smiley Wink)

Why don't you describe to us, what you're trying to achieve, i.e. the bigger picture and we can give you some pointers as to how to get there. I would bet 100 kudos that it doesn't involve an in place structure. So: What should your program do? What are you trying to achieve with the in place structure?

Remember Cunningham's Law
0 Kudos
Message 27 of 58
(1,576 Views)

Just some comments to the "Untitled6 (SubVi).vi"

• Do you know how much data your device is sending back?
  • First while loop, if you know up front how many iterating the while loop should run, the use a for loop.
  • A Stop button on a sub-vi has no function, you can't click on that button, unless you show the sub-vi's front panel. And in 99% of the cases that is not the standard.
  • Try to all wires go from left to right (Natural dataflow)
  • Is this sub-vi working?
  • Your type cast seems very wrong, what is it that you want to do?
0 Kudos
Message 28 of 58
(1,570 Views)

Yes in later section i will remove in-place structure.

1. untitiled subvi is taking string as input and converting to hex string and then sends to tcp board which intern returns string which i am converting to hex string and then i passed this string to recursive subvi.

2. in recursive subvi i do some calculate on string and output i need to pass to string indicator whic is main.

3. if recursive function call again i will do some manupation on output hex string and again i need to update the main indicator.

Regards

Punith

0 Kudos
Message 29 of 58
(1,563 Views)

i stuck with this from 2 days, kindly suggest me.

Regards

Punith

0 Kudos
Message 30 of 58
(1,557 Views)