From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Global Variables turning into shared variables?

Hey all,
Has anyone had a case where when coding you open your code and lets say even click on a global variable which then converts/turns/does something to turn into a shared variable? Why I ask is that i'm trying to insert a PID loop to an older code (LabView 2011). Before I left for the day yesterday i could move the existing global variables with no problem. Today when I got into the office was a different story, seems like any time I click on the G.V. it switches to a shared (It first started when I moved a G.V. into a case structure, which was also the first thing I did today). I tried digging around to see if the G.V. Vi.'s were manipulated at all but was unable to find anything. I also hadn't saved any work while the G.V. were preforming normally, just essentially testing different solutions and closing out of it.

Thanks all,
Sam

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,613 Views)

Hey SAMB,

Could you maybe post some screenshots of before and after the switch occurs, or the steps to reproduce.

You should try using windows problem steps recorder if you have a windows machine.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows7/how-do-i-use-problem-steps-recorder

JY
Application Engineer, RF and Communications
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,561 Views)