From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GigE camera with cRIO-9068

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi everyone!

I have short question regarding the possibilities of my cRIO-9068. I want to use my GigE Mako G camera with it, plugging it into secondary ethernet input. But I can't see it in MAX, although I tried some steps with IP settings..

I have read somewhere on this forum, that there may be a problem with cRIO's using GigE cameras. Is it really no possibility at all to use this camera, or should I just change some settings of it? Maybe change the settings from GigE into normal Ethernet? 

I would be grateful for any help!

Jola

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(3,266 Views)

Did you install IMAQdx from the Add/Remove Software dialog?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(3,235 Views)

Follow the steps in Troubleshooting GigE Vision Cameras

Thanks
uday
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(3,224 Views)

natasftw,

yes I installed IMAQdx on my host, as well as on the cRIO-9068. But I can see that there is only IMAQdx for IP cameras, and not for GigE camera:

problem.pngAs far as I know, it is not the same. Isn't that a problem? Why there is no package for GigE? 

greetings!

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(3,217 Views)

udka,

this troubleshooting tutorial is for cases, when you switch GigE camera to the host computer and not directly to the cRIO-9068. I had no problems with computer, camera works fine in MAX and in LabVIEW, but it seems that it is much harder when plugging camera to the secondary ethernet port on cRIO-9068. 

Have you got any tutorial for my case? 

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(3,215 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author pers.jolanta@gmail.com
9068 does not support GigE Vision, hence you might not be able to use it.
From: http://forums.ni.com/t5/Machine-Vision/GigE-vision-on-NI-cRIO-9068/m-p/2922286/highlight/true#M42938
Thanks
uday
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(3,210 Views)