LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting data in array and separate data in different columns

Hi,

I set up an experiment and I want to register responses made by the user. The order of events in the experiment is the following:
1) first, clic 7 times on a rectangle
2) choose between 2 figures, the square is those registered

What I want to register is each response made by the user, in each trial, if it is on the square or not and the same thing for the circle in another column. For this I have converted response on the square in a numeric form. I add two from this result in order to have a positive result (in order to separate it from responses on the circle that is negative).

For example, imagine that for the three first trials, I respond on the square, next on the rectangle and then on the square, I want that on my file it is written: 0 3
                    1 2
                    2 3
After 6 trials, a new pair of figures appear: a circle and a triangle.
I want to register responses on the circle in a new column than responses on the square, by sustracting by 2 to make the result negative (thing I have not made in this vi).
In this vi, I have two vi I want to transpose in a unique array with two dimensions.

If you have ideas, please help me. Thanks.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,462 Views)
Hi,

I don't really understand how your VIs functions (or should function); which of them is the main VI? (where start your application)

I've tried to launch saving data from testing vs balancement 1 0.5 sec.vi, nothing happens.

You should use the table functions plus the file I/O functions in place of the express VI. It will be easy to manipulate you data and obtain the specific behavior that you need. Use Ctrl + H to see the function help. It is quite well documented.

Regards,

Message Edité par Mathieu R. le 10-04-2006 11:36 AM

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,434 Views)
Hi Mathieu,

It is normal that you couldn't saving data, sorry it is not the good vi I sent you. The main vi to run is saving data...
Here the good vi.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,410 Views)
Hello,

Tidy your architecture, and find a proper way to register the objects clicked by the user. You only have to know on which figure clicked the user. So you can imagine a table, with one line per choice, and with one value for each possible choice: fill the table during the test, with each new value, value that corresponds to the clicked figure.

When the test sequence is completed, you can perform calculations (to know how many circles, squares... have been selected) and/or file I/O, using the 1D entry of the Write To Spreadsheet File.vi function for example.

Good luck,
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,373 Views)