LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting a list of global channels filtered by channel type (ao, ai, etc)

I was wondering if there is a property or method out there to get this type of list.  I can can get a list of all the global channels and filter it manually or I can get list of all the globals and filter it automatically by device. 

I understand that I can place the global channel control, but the reason I wish to have the array is because i'm building up my own list control and may need to apply additional filtering of the lists.  Perhaps hiding the global channel control and interacting with it through property nodes could get me this functionality?

Below is a picture of the current control using physical channels.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,320 Views)
Hi Dillon,

There is a property node that allows you to extract all the global channels stored in MAX.  You could save pertinent information into the channel name and then parse the name for helpful patterns.   I made and attached a VI to demonstrate but it sounds like you are already doing something like this.  The VI first collects all global channels that are stored in MAX, parses the names for "AI", "AO", or "DO" and puts the channels into three new arrays.  The global channels take a little bit of logic to separate but can be treated as strings. 

Also, you can also use the property node DAQmx Channel > General Properties to get both Channel Type and Physical Channel Name for the global channel.  You could use these to "classify" your global channels and organize them into individual arrays.  I hope this helps but if I'm not answering your question let me know.  The VI is written in LabVIEW 7.1 with DAQmx 8.3.  Thanks Dillon.

Regards,

Jeff Tipps
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
Message 2 of 2
(2,292 Views)