LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting a copy of LabView for Linux.

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi, I recently purchased a copy of Labview 2009 through my university and was wondering if there was any way I could download a linux-flavored version.  In making the switch, I am currently dual-booting Windows/Linux, but am aiming to run 100% linux.  At any rate, since I have a Student Edition, I wasn't sure what the exact liscensing terms were, or if I could have it installed on both my linux and windows partition, or even if I would have access to the full functionality of the Windows version in linux.  I read somewhere on your site that for the business version, you can have it on up to 3 business computers and 1 home computer, but can only be executing one version at a time.  Seeing as how I am dual booting, it would only be possible to have one version running at a time, short of running two virtual machines on my PC.

Any input would be helpful,

-MechanicalMayhem

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,554 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author MechanicalMayhem
Call the local branch of National Instruments; the sales rep should help you get a copy. I believe you should be OK legally but be sure to confirm.
Adnan Zafar
Certified LabVIEW Architect
Coleman Technologies
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(3,549 Views)

i have labview linux  32 bit version ,can i call a .so file(which is 64 bit) through call library function in 32 bit labview linux version?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,290 Views)

is there 64 bit labview linux version?

i am using a 64 bit linux version,so if i compile a c file in 64 bit linux operating system, then the .so file is of 64 bit.so can i call the 64 bit .so file 32 bit labview linux version?

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(3,289 Views)

STOP HIJACKING OTHER PEOPLE'S THREADS. This is like the 8th message you've posted on this. START YOUR OWN THREAD. We do not like board spammers.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(3,270 Views)