LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting Started on Developing VISA GPIB instrument driver

Hi everyone. I have been working on some HP meters. I have just finished several programs for the HP 4276A which have drivers up on the NI website. 
However, I am no working with the HP 4274A. There are no drivers excpet for one third party driver (http://www.nogi.ch/labview/). THe download provides VIs for the 4274A, however, it does not seem to be working. I got advice from Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI) forums, but I can't seem to find any tutorials or threads on developing VISA drivers for instruments. 
Am I looking in the correct direction? Should I be looking into developing a driver for this 4274A meter through VISA? Or where should I get started? 
Thank you. 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,189 Views)
You did get advice there. If you want to go to the main instrument driver network page, you will also find links on how to create a driver.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(2,181 Views)

Yes I did get advice there as I stated in my origional post: " I got advice from Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI) forums"

That was not my question. I was hoping whether or not some of you knew of any tutorials and could give me direct links to them other than the one provided in the other forums. 

Thanks for your help.................................................................................................................... ....... .... .. .

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,150 Views)

I said "Start" there. http://www.ni.com/white-paper/4376/en/

then read the articles linked from that white paper.  Like The highlighted ones just to get a grounding.

Capture.PNG

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,147 Views)

Yes I've read them but the tutorials are not very helpful for beginners. And I doubt anyone learns to create instrument drivers from just reading one set of notes. Therefore I was asking if anyone knew of any different tutorials they could recommend. 

But obviously I will not find help here. 

Thanks for trying. 

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,127 Views)

OK now that you've read up on some foundational material, what questions do you have?  The questions you ask will allow us to provide answers. 

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,120 Views)