LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting Started and finding the Scaling and Mapping Express VI

I'm going through the Getting Started manual and I run into the section entitled "Modifying the Signal" on page 1-9. Part 4 says to "Select the Scaling and Mapping Express VI...." The problem is that I can not find the Scale & Map anywhere within the Functions Palette. I also went to the site and downloaded the ScaleMap example, but when I try to open it Labview lets me know that I am missing the subscaling.vi file. So I am wondering if you can help me find the Scaling and Mapping Express VI so I can continue forward with the Getting Started Manual. Thank you.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,557 Views)
"Scaling and mapping" is not in the "base" package. So maybe you purchased "base"?
Message 2 of 4
(2,557 Views)
Yeah that seems to be the problem, but seeing as that is the case and I'm trying to learn how to use this software, what is a good way to learn it if you have the base software. Because the Getting Started Manual isn't very helpful unless you have professional version.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,557 Views)
We have received this feedback on this manual before. We have recorded the issue, and we will look into it for a future release of LabVIEW.

If you have further feedback on any NI documentation, please email techpubs@ni.com

Thank you,
Kelly Holmes
LabVIEW Documentation
Kelly H
LabVIEW Documentation
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,557 Views)