LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GetTitleBarInfo function user32.dll Windows API

Hi guys,

I've a proble with some Windows API functions.(GetTitleBarInfo for example).This function needs parameter a struct pointer that than allows me to get the tiitle bar name.Ok ,but How i can handle a struct point?In Reference guide says to treat Pointer as integer but i not understand how do to reach my purpose.

Thanks,

Luca.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(3,267 Views)

Are you trying to get the title bar of a LabVIEW window? You do not need to use the Windows API for that. The Front Panel Window:Title Property will tell you that. 

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(3,265 Views)

Hi sMercurio,thanks for the fast answer.

No,my purpose is to get the window title bar of other application running.

Luca.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(3,259 Views)

For most things Windows API related I suggest the following document:

https://decibel.ni.com/content/docs/DOC-2030

In this case you just need to construct the proper cluster to get the info:

GetTitleBarInfo.png

Message 4 of 6
(3,255 Views)

Cool,it is what i want to find.Thank you very much.Only one thing: when you set argument and parameter function in dialog box relative to API nodenin labview,which data type use to represent a pointer to struct?

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(3,244 Views)

@Igottabanana wrote:

Cool,it is what i want to find.Thank you very much.Only one thing: when you set argument and parameter function in dialog box relative to API nodenin labview,which data type use to represent a pointer to struct?

For a pointer to a structure you need to set the parameter to Adapt To Type and make sure to construct a cluster that matches the structure exactly. Some C programming knowledge is definitely helpful and for more complex structures really unavoidable.

Rolf Kalbermatter
My Blog
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(3,232 Views)