LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Get message "loaded with errors on the target and was closed" but there are no errors in the vi.

Hi,

Attached image shows the error message which i receive when I try to run my vi. "vi loaded with errors on the target and was closed" 

The vi has no errors as far as I can see and hasn't changed since I ran it a few days ago and it functioned fine. other vi's in the project run without any issue.

Any guidance to find the issue would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

Conor

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(4,270 Views)

Some tips:

1. Try to recompile the VI which is "loaded broken" (ctrl+click on Run arrow). Deploy.

2. Try to recompile this VI and its dependencies (ctrl+shift+click on Run arrow). Deploy.

3. Try to recompile top-level VI and its dependencies. Deploy.

4. Change something in "loaded broken" VI (add some code, like reversing array back and forth, just to make LV recompile it). Deploy.

5. Close the project. Restart RIO. Open project. Deploy.

6. Close LabVIEW. Restart computer. Restart RIO. Open project. Deploy.

7. Take another computer. Deploy from it.

8. Close project. Clear compiled object cache (menu Tools -> Advanced -> Clear compiled object cache...). Open project. Wait until LV will open/recompile it. Deploy.

9. Do as 7, but in the meantime reformat RIO from MAX. Open project. Deploy.

10. Contact NI Support. Send them your project. Make them Deploy it.

The fun starts when you have project which deploys for 30 minutes... Usually I skip straight to step 8 then, and usually it helps.

Message 2 of 5
(4,238 Views)

Sorry for the late reply,

I tried some of the things on your list and its now working. I'm not 100% sure what fixed it but I think it was probably some of the recompiling,

Thank you for your help

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(4,093 Views)

I had the same problem. Tip 8 solved it and all is working again.

Thanks for the Tip.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(3,567 Views)

Same problem, option 8 worked.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(3,448 Views)