LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Get a waveform graph to stop plotting after a given time period

I am doing a research project looking at the effects of modifying visual feedback on a person's current force output. I have a waveform graph that plots the target force level they are trying to match (specified by me) and next to it a second plot showing their current force output (in real time). I am trying to make a condition where the current force output plot (or really the whole waveform graph) stops plotting after a 10 s time period, but can't seem to get it to work. It either plots for the whole trial, or does not plot at all. Is there a way to put a timer on a waveform graph in order to tell it to stop plotting after a specified time period?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,852 Views)

HI,

You can do this by using tick count available in timing palette. I have attached a simple vi where the code executes for only 5sec. Hope this helps you.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(2,842 Views)

I guess you have some sort of daq unit sampling data at a constant rate. If this is correct you can keep track of total sampels read for each channel(hint use shift register). Put your chart terminal inside a true/false case. If you have received a number of samples greather or equal to 10 sec, you do not send any data to the chart terminal

Besides which, my opinion is that Express VIs Carthage must be destroyed deleted
(Sorry no Labview "brag list" so far)
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,827 Views)

You can't put a timer on a chart/graph but you can put a timer in your code. The tick count will work or use the Elapsed Time function.

If you get stuck, post your code.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,812 Views)

Hi again,

I have tried to open the .vi you sent, but I have version 8.2 (yours is in version 8.5) and cannot open it. Is there a way for you to tave the.vi so that it can be opened with earlier versions of the program?

I have attatched my .vi to this message as well.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,806 Views)

Lol actually, I just got the code working, so no worries, but thank you all for your suggestions!

Cheers!

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,795 Views)