From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Get Seed & unlock

Hi,
I'm using an ECU board fo test with CAN interface.Since ECU has security lock in it i'm trying to unlock the protection(using GET Seed and Unlock Protection commands)As Get seed provides the Seed data,for computing the Key i'm using a DLL SeedKey1.dll(supplied by our customers) and then passing the key value to the Unlock Vi.But during course of my execution,program stops at Seedkey1.dll and throws an exception mentioning that exception occured at specified node(screen shot of which i have attached)
The function prototype for Seedkey dll specified is
unsigned long SEEDKEYAPI ASAP1A_CCP_ComputeKeyFromSeed(
  unsigned char *seed,
  unsigned short sizeSeed,
  unsigned char *key,
  unsigned short maxSizeKey,
  unsigned short *sizeKey);
The reason i need to unlock is for performing my CCP read and Tuning some EEPROM values of ECU.The sequence in which i'm using Get Seed is 1.CCP Open(with timeout)->.CCP Connect->CCP Get Seed
The attachments for reference which i have provided with this under a folder named  "Files" are
1.subvi which i'm using for Unlock after CCP Connect
2.screenshot of error occured when i run my application and try to perform CCP Read.
3.Seedkey dll which i'm using
one more additional info which i want to add is that in the Get Seed.vi ,i have given Resource input as 1.Is that a valid one if i want to perform a CCP Read.
A reply for this will be really of helpful to me.

Regards
Murali
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(3,839 Views)

Hi Murali,

I have no experience with the DLL you are using, but from the LabVIEW end, I can tell you that exceptions generated in external DLLs are normally due to memory management.  That is, it's likely that the DLL you are calling is throwing an exception because of a memory access violation (null pointer read?), it is out of memory, etc.  You could look at the code with this in mind.

You may also find this tutorial on Accessing DLLs or Shared Libraries from LabVIEW helpful.

Good luck!
Megan B.
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(3,805 Views)

Hi Murali,

Iam Ramesh. Working on the ECU . I am using USB 8473 for reading the Memory Variables using a2l file. My VI was working fine with flash files without Seed key Protection. Now I have a flash file from my customer which is protected by some SeedKey.dll.

I have used the MCU Open.vi to open the a2l file. When Iam doing that, an error(301073) was raised while reading mesasurement channels. Can you let me know how this can be handled.

Thanks in Advance. 

Ramesh.K

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(3,488 Views)