LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Genetic Algorithms

I am busy writing a genetic algorithm using C++ but I need to interface it with LabVIEW, as I will be controlling a laser from LabVIEW and the genetic algotihm will make up part of the closed loop system. Firstly, does anyone know how I would do this?

Secondly, is it possible to create a genetic algorithm in LabVIEW without the need for external code? Would anyone have an example of this if it has been done?

Thanks

Alan Homer
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(5,461 Views)
I'm not sure, but I think interfacing to LabVIEW from C++ would require you to create an ActiveX server or a DLL. 

I have implemented a simple Genetic Algorithm in LabVIEW.
----
I am the founder of CnCSoftwareSolutions. When not cleaning up baby drool, I write about test data or work on Vision, a tool for understanding your test data. Visit me at www.cncsoftwaresolutions.com
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(5,443 Views)
There is a genetic algorithm called 'Differential Evolution'.  I implemented it in Labview and it worked well for my purpose.
Under http://messages.info-labview.org/2005/01/20/27.html you will find a  link to the 'Differential Evolution' homepage where you can download my implementation.

-Franz

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(5,426 Views)
Thanks for the advice.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(5,407 Views)

I found a working link to Differential Evolution, as mentioned by Franz, at this berkeley page

It looks very nice (haven't tried it yet)

Thanks Franz!

Message Edited by Paul Torek on 12-30-2008 04:29 PM
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(4,581 Views)