LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Generation of a PWM according to an Example

Hello,

As I am new to Labview, i just finished the Core 1  course. Now I try to realize am Labview program, which lets me produce an PWM on the digital outputs of my PCIe 6351. The Output Signal shall be kind of fast. I want to generate on/off pulses with a frequency of up to 16 kHz. This output signal must be a 5 V TTL pulse train, so that I can countrol external hardware over the digital outputs of the labview DAQ card.

Well, when I was searching the examples database, I found this example, where counters are used for generating the PWM.

http://www.ni.com/white-paper/2991/en/

So my first question about this example is how I can use the generated pulses of this PWM, it is a task and I have only worked with the DAQ Assistant. How can I couple the generated PWM to the digital outs?

Thank you really much for helping a beginner 🙂 I try to learn fast and not to ask tooo much.. But on this topic I could't get far with testing/ searching google / watching examples

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,225 Views)

Hey paddythewild,

during the course you also got to know the low-level way of programming a DAQmx task. It is not that complicated. Just take the VIs on the DAQmx palette or an example from the example finder. The task output is your reference.

If you like to create an output signal you should create a second task. The second task needs to be started and the values needs to be written in this task.

In order to get more familiar with DAQmx tasks it is helpful to open different VIs from the exmaple finder. Under Hardware Input and Output you find DAQmx task and so on.

Try to combine two examples and come back to me with your VI.

Kind Regards,

Vanessa

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,184 Views)

You can use this ready-to-use example, attached in this reply here.

I am not allergic to Kudos, in fact I love Kudos.

Make your LabVIEW experience more CONVENIENT.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,175 Views)