From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Generating the waveform

Hi everyone
Thanks to those who replied to my message. I am able to transfer the data from optical spectrum analyzer to labview. However, the data is in the form of 2 strings. One of the strings contains the values on the x-axis, ie., the wavelengths and the second string contains the instensity corresponding to the y-axis. How do I generate the waveform in Labview using these two strings?
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,200 Views)
First, you need to find the delimiter (i.e. the seperator between data values). The delimiter is usually either tab, space, semicolon or comma. Once you know the delimiter, you can use the spreadsheet string to array function to transform the two strings into arrays of doubles. From there you can do whatever you'd like with them, such as bundle them and display them on an X-Y Graph. I've attached a quick example with space delimited strings. It's in LV

Regards,
Ryan K.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,194 Views)
Sorry, meant to say it's in LV 7.0, let me know if you need an earlier version. I should read my posts before submitting them...
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,189 Views)
Hi Ryan

Thanks a lot. I am also using Labview 7.0.

Regards
Gagan
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,186 Views)