LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Generating sine pulses

Hi Guys,

About 3 weeks ago, I asked for help for generating rectangular pulses here and as shown in the two below pictures, everything was alright.

vi.png

bits.png

However, my receiver disagrees : he doesn't want rectangular pulses so I need to change it for a sine pulses.

I've tried to use the function Get Waveform Components (digital waveform) and to multiply it with a sine of the same frequency but I can't multiply an array digital data with an array of double.

Thanks for your help.

Felipe.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(3,359 Views)

What do you mean sine pulse? You can use a Sine Pattern.vi to generate a sine wave of desired Frequency and Amplitude.

-----

The best solution is the one you find it by yourself
Message 2 of 9
(3,342 Views)

Hi P@Anand, Thanks for your answer. It's the same idea as sine pattern but the problem of Sine pattern is that it doesn't allow to transmit random bits.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9
(3,339 Views)

Can you please explain what do you mean by "Random bits"? I am assuming you are generating the signal and transmitting through a DAC channel, if not can you please explain a bit about the hardware you use.

-----

Message 4 of 9
(3,334 Views)

Yes of course.

My input is a string of 0 and 1 : it's arandom sequence that I describe as random bits.

Once these parsed, I'm creating a rectangular signal as my second png shows and I'm sending these through the channel as you guessed.

My point is to convert the rectangular signal into sine before sending it into the channel so that the filter of my receiver becomes happy receiving sine and rectangular signals

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 9
(3,323 Views)

Do you want to smoothen your pulse signals? If you have random bits you cannot convert that to a sine pattern since sine wave is periodic. Also when you say 0 and 1 what will be the voltage levels when it goes out of the DAC channel? Is it 0 and 5V ot 0 to 1 V?

-----

Message 6 of 9
(3,308 Views)

The conversion is 0V for 0 and 5V for 1.

Yes the point is to smmothen the pulse signal, do you know any way to do it ?

My last option (the brutal one) is to add a RC circuit and play with the impedance to create something smooth but if I can avoid that it would be nice.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9
(3,302 Views)

Hi Glokan,

Do you want to modulate a pulse with a sine signal so that the remaining will be sine signal.You can send that signal to the receiver using a analog out data acquisition card.But the question is how your receiver will understand that sine signal and how will it interpret that modulated signal.

Regards,

SrikrishnaNF

Regards,
Srikrishna

Message 8 of 9
(3,268 Views)

Hi SrikrishnaNF,

the receiver is the audio mic on a smartphone. I'll try and come back to you with the results.

Cheers,

Glokan.

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9
(3,244 Views)