cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Generating signal as shown in the image in labview

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello,

I am using labview 2011 and want to generate the second signal as shown in the attached image in labview as I want to use this as input  for implementing the adaptive filtering, if the first signal in the image represents the output of the adaptive filtering.

Can I know how to generate second the signal.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 34
(3,900 Views)

Do you want to generate a similar signal to test your fitering algorithm, or do you want to reverse the filtering operation?

Filtering always causes a loss in information and the operation is irreversible. Thus you cannot generate the second signal from the first signal.

Of course you could take an artificial signal and add similar noise to it.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 34
(3,835 Views)

Yes,I want to generate the similar second noisy signal so that i can feed it as input ot the filtering block and I don't want to reverse the filtering operation.

How to make an artificial signal and to add some noise that can produce the signal similar to the second signal.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 34
(3,814 Views)

Can someone help me out in generating the second signal(noisy signal) as shown in the above attached image.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 34
(3,764 Views)

I don't understand your question. You already have the waveform as shown in the image of your first post. You can make that a constant with a right click.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 34
(3,756 Views)

This waveform(second signal) shown in the image is copied from a project pdf.I really don't have the signal but I just have its image, so I want to generate and use this as my input signal for a filtering process.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 34
(3,748 Views)

As a first step, just generate a clean signal, then add some noise. Do you need a specific flavor of noise? (White, pink, etc.)

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 34
(3,735 Views)

Can I know how to generate the required type of clean signal and also the kind of noise to be added to it to make the required signal.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 34
(3,723 Views)

The filtered signal looks like a sawtooth wave with some possible frequency variation. Hard to tell, because it is still quite noisy. Even the clean signal is not very clean, even though it looks better than the original, which has barely any discerning features.

@PatanGova wrote:

Can I know how to generate the required type of clean signal and also the kind of noise to be added to it to make the required signal.

We cannot know the "requirements" by looking at the picture. What kind of instrument or data are you trying to simulate? You need to give us more background information.

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 34
(3,709 Views)

I am planning to implement the Least mean square adaptive filtering for removing motion artifacts from pulse signals which was mentioned in a project report.
I want to test my adaptive filtering by least mean square vi which is ready at hand with the input as shown in the image so that I can check how the vi has to be modified so as to get the output similar to the one mentioned in the report by feeding the same input as in the report.

This is the reason why I am planning to create the same signal(as it is in project report).

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 34
(3,689 Views)