From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Generating analog output Labview Express 6009

I'm trying to generate a sine wave  as output on my 6009 in Signal Express.  I setup a new project, first step is Create Analog Signal, I specify the parameters of the signal, check repeated signal.  Fine.   I then right click on the signal in the project dialog, "Create Analog Signal" step, choose Send To/Generate Signals/..., finaly choosing Ao1 for my output.  In this step, everything looks right, but in the  Execution Control  I check the Start this step after button, choose  the appropriate step.  Finally, I add another step to read the output just generated.

I get a 200077 error, Property: Samp Timing Type, Requested Value: Sample Clock, You can select: On Demand.

Is there something I'm doing wrong, or does the 6009 not support what I'm trying to do?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,353 Views)

The USB 6009 does not have a DSP inside it.  You can only send a single point, "on demand", to the Analog Output at any one time.  If you look at the specs for this device, you'll probably find that the maximum Analog Output rate is something on the order of 100 Hz (as it requires a USB write for every single point).  Bottom line, this device is not suitable for producing analog waveforms (unless you are working at very low frequencies).

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,345 Views)

I'm trying create a 2-4hz sine wave.  It could be .1hz for all I care.  It could be a square wave of 1hz.  This doesn't explain the error.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,330 Views)
Of course it explains the error. You simply cannot select a sample clock. This has been discussed numerous times.

You'll need to post to the SignalExpress board if you need to know how to use on-demand with it. This is the LabVIEW board and the two are not the same.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,320 Views)