LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Generating a Signal

Hi evryone.  I am new in using labview and I'm having a problem with the NI 6009.  When I try to generat a square signal in the analogique output of the ni 6009, the system tell me that there's a error and I need to use a buffer and I dont how this buffer works and how to use it, so please help me. 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(3,246 Views)

Hi Noah,

what have you tried, what is the exact error number and message, which sample rates are you trying to use?

You know the cheap USB 6008/9 devices don't support hardware timed outputs!?

generat a square signal in the analogique output

The output signal is also "square" when you switch between two voltage level every second…

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(3,244 Views)

I do the exact same steps in this video but when i start the execution the system tell me that there's a error in the sumples and befor that ther's a note that says if I want to generat a signal a need to use a buffer. 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(3,230 Views)
Message 4 of 8
(3,224 Views)
If you want to run that code in the video, you should be using the same hardware. The problem with the 6009 has been discussed numerous times and you should have searched for the error code or message. You simply cannot pass a waveform to the device. It only supports software timed output as has been noted by Gerd. You can only pass a single point at a time to the write. Your frequency will be low and subject to considerable jitter. The 6009 is a poor choice for pwm and this has also been discussed numerous times.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(3,205 Views)

So could you please tell me if there is a good solution so I can generat a pwm signal using ni6009.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(3,191 Views)
No, there is no GOOD solution. You can perhaps make do but I have no idea what you are trying to control or how what your specs are. Best would be to get hardware that supports it. A different DAQ card or even an arduino.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(3,185 Views)

Ok thanks. 

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(3,178 Views)