LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Generating 16 finite length audio tones successively

Hi,

I would like to generate successively 16 audio tones of different frequencies with LABVIEW 8.2.  The audio tones sequence should be the following one:

21ms audio tone with a frequency
225ms pause
225ms pause

The only exception is the pause between the 8th and the 9th pulse, which is 10s.

The 16 different frequencies are generated by an algorithm and are in the range from 9kHz to11kHz.

I developed a solution with the help of SIGNAL BY DURATION.VI(chose signal is sine) and  WAIT.VI. I use a realtek sound card to play the audio tones but it is full of harmonic distortions. I guess it is a consequence of the short duration of the audio tone and the SIGNAL BY DURATION.VI

I'm wondering if there is a better solution, i.e. using the pulse train stuff and a related NI Sound card. I have also thought about a smooth rise and fall time for the audio tones.

What do you guys think?

If you need any further information or would like to take a look into my VI, let me know please.

Thanks a lot,
LabviewHans
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,173 Views)

Hello,

Not sure where the problem is at first glance.  Posting a simple snipet of runnable code which illustrates the problem may help (such as something which generates the distortion just once to get the idea) - we'd be able to at least try to reproduce it and play for a few.

If you're interested in NI Sound offerings in general, type the keyword sound into the search field at ni.com - it'll return a number of relevant results.

Best Regards,

JLS

Best,
JLS
Sixclear
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,158 Views)