LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GUI for client server system

I have designed a client server system to cut and copy files from one folder and sent over tcp ip network to another folder. My next step is to design a GUI to control both client and server that does the above. How should I approach that. What are the basic steps. Shouldnt I be creating GUI as a seprate VI and connecting to both client and server. Thanking You. 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 10
(3,367 Views)

Hi vindsan,

when you need ideas on GUI design for such a tool you should have a look at FileZilla - it basically does the same for FTP transfers…

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
Message 2 of 10
(3,339 Views)

Iam not sure, filezilla is another software? I want to create GUI in labview. I have aready designed labview VIs for client server system. I need to develop a labview gui for the client and server system which i created. I am not sure what u just said. Thanking You. 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 10
(3,323 Views)

@vindsan wrote:

Iam not sure, filezilla is another software? I want to create GUI in labview. I have aready designed labview VIs for client server system. I need to develop a labview gui for the client and server system which i created. I am not sure what u just said. Thanking You. 

Filezilla is another program.  GerdW was suggesting you look at it to get ideas of how to layout your GUI.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 10
(3,316 Views)
Your VIs would already have a GUI. What more do you want? Presumably, the client would run on one computer and the server on another. Why have one VI that combines them?
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 10
(3,312 Views)

Client and server will both run on the same computer. For me the source path is files from the computer and target path is Network Attached Storage device, which will be seen as a network disk in the computer itself. So instead of using both client and server, I just use 1 GUI to transfer data from computer to the Network Attached Storage device . That is what Iam trying to achieve. Thanking You. 

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 10
(3,298 Views)

Sounds like a simple Tree Control for each folder and then you can use the Drag & Drop events.  Use Copy File to move or copy the file.

GCentral
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 10
(3,286 Views)

I ve created subvis for the client and server system and put it in the main GUI vi and tried to run it. But the client system and server system is not working as a sub vi. Can anyone suggest something, y its happening like this. I cant  attach all  the files. Remaining one in next. 

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 10
(3,250 Views)

Reamining attachments 

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 10
(3,249 Views)

1. For future reference, put your files into a zip file first and then post the zip file.  It will make all of our lives simpler.

2. You have a data dependency between your Server and Client, meaning only one will run at a time.  You need to make them run in parallel.

3. As I said before, you can do this with a simple Copy File.

GCentral
Message 10 of 10
(3,237 Views)