From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GPS Windows 10

Hello,
we made a software Labview in which we recover tablet GPS data.
This was done through a COM port. But under Windows 10 it no longer works.
Someone t ever use the GPS data of a tablet with Windows 10?
Can you enlighten me on this please?
Thanks in advance!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(3,434 Views)

There's so much we don't know.  For starters, is LabVIEW installed on the Windows 10 machine?  What version of LabVIEW?  Is your GPS recognized by MAX?  Can MAX "talk to" the device and get it to cough up some data?  If the answer to the last question is "Yes", then something is wrong with your LabVIEW code and we need to see it, so attach the VI (do not attach a screen shot of the Block Diagram -- we can't test, modify, or closely examine a picture).

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(3,411 Views)
Hello, no I have not Windows 10 installed on my machine. I Labview 2012 I enclose my GPS VI. Thank you Isa
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(3,403 Views)
sorry but I do not reach my files
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(3,395 Views)
Here's the code .
Thanks for your help

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(3,382 Views)

I'm confused.  You ask about GPS on Windows 10, but your computer does not have Windows 10, and is running LabVIEW 2012.  Am I correct that when you run your program (which I cannot do, as most of the sub-VIs seem to be missing from the ZIP file), it runs on your Windows (7? 8? 8.1?) laptop under LabVIEW 12, right?

If you want to run the program on a Windows 10 PC, you either need to build a stand-alone Executable that will run on Windows 10 (and include a LabVIEW 2012 Run Time System) or install LabVIEW 2015 (!!) on the Windows 10 machine and recompile your code.  Note that according to NI, the only version of LabVIEW "officially" supported on Windows 10 is LabVIEW 2015 (and higher).

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(3,372 Views)

Ok.

VI I sent you are a small part of my project.
My PC runs Windows 7.
Thanks for your advices.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(3,343 Views)
Hello
I have to recompile my project on a PC with Windows 10 and 2015, but my Labview communication problem with the GPS is always present. Windows changed its method of exchange with GPS.
Best regards
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(3,201 Views)