LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GPIB to Ethernet

For years I have used some of the available LabVIEW code for the Agilent/HP 34970a multimeter that uses a GPIB interface.  It writes and reads various GPIB commands through a VISA session, closing the session when complete...  Now I have a need to be able to remotely locate that 34970a and to communicate back to a computer via Ethernet.  So I want to be able to use a GPIB to Ethernet converter.  I see that they exist, from cheap ones for $200 to more expensive ones like at NI for $1200.  I know nothing about setting one up and my time to get this put together is limited (a couple weeks).  

I've seen several other posts that talk about things such as being VXI-11 compatible and so forth...  But I don't know what that means...  Is there a fairly easy and quick way for me to get essentially the same code I've used for years for this Agilent unit up and running through a GPIB to Ethernet interface???

Any help would be much appreciated...  thanks... bob...

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(1,993 Views)

I have used the NI Enet Gateway for many years. MAX makes it easy to find and configure, only takes a few minutes. Transparent to your code.

Here is a link to how to install the gateway. I recommend using MAX to configure rather than the 488.2 utility.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(1,985 Views)