LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GPIB initializing problems with stanford research PS300 series

Hello, I am having trouble the initialization sequence for my PS350 stanford research power supply with labview 6.0. I downloaded the drivers from NI and I keep getting the error -1073807339 when I use the initialize driver. Sometime it works but then if I repeat the sequence several times, it will stop working and I am forced to turn off the power supply and turn it back on again (probably to purge the memory???). Has anyone experienced a similar problem? If so, is there a solution???

Thank you.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,386 Views)
Hi Decarius:

Have you tried running the Getting Started.vi? If so does this produce the same error? If not try this out and let me know the results.

What do you have in your code after the Initialize.vi?

Thank you,

Emilie S.
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,364 Views)
Hello Emilie,

Thank you for answering. I think the problem was that I had an older version of NI-VISA. I updated it and now an older version of the driver works on my computer. However, I tried to install labview 7.1 and now I get a similar problem. This is what I did:

-install labview 7.1 with driver update (NI-VISA, NI-DAQ...etc.)
-install srps3xx drivers from labview 7.1
-try out the "getting started" vi.
and then I get an error message again: which states that the program has trouble initializing the device due to "either a VISA code library could not be found or opened". I checked a bit inside the getting started vi and I noticed that the error occurs at the initialize command.

I'm not sure what to do, should I just reinstall the whole thing? (It might be possible that since I had a previous version of labview on the computer?

Thank you.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,356 Views)
Hi Decarius:

What version of NI-VISA are you currently using? The latest version for Windows XP is version 3.3. If you do not have this please upgrade from the National Instruments website and let me know if you are still getting the error.

Thanks,

Emilie S.
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,337 Views)
Hello,

I just updated all of my NI drivers, and finally it works. Thank you!
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,332 Views)