From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GPIB-VXI communication protocol

Hi:

I met a problem when i set up communication with GPIB-VXI machine. i don't konw which protocol it use when the computer talk to

VXI machine. And I know they connect each other with GPIB. But i wonder which protocol? And is it the same as one in the condition

that computer directly talk to instrucment with GPIB. Thanks very much if some one tell me!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 12
(3,208 Views)

You will have to read the manual.  You have given us no information that is of any use to help you with your problem.  What is the machine?

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 12
(3,196 Views)

Hi,zealot:

The machine is with a communication port GPIB-VXI. It is for testing. I want to know the protocol they use. 

And i know the SCPI language common for some test instrument.  I can not see the data in the NI spy. So 

i wonder what they use in communicating! I think it is clear this time! Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 12
(3,191 Views)

Xiaoyiyi wrote:  I think it is clear this time! Thanks!

Nope.  You added absolutely no new information.  Again, what is the instrument (make and model)?  Do you have the manual?

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 12
(3,180 Views)
It's been years since I've used VXI and I would consider it obsolete but you should be using. VISA calls. If I recall, the syntax is explained in the VISA help. Do you see the cards in MAX?
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 12
(3,175 Views)
Also, which make and model of the vxi-gpib interface are you using? I don't believe NI makes one anymore.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 12
(3,168 Views)

Hi, dennis:

Yes, you are right! I can't see the card in MAX. The information i can tell you is the card maybe make by NHR power supply testing. 

And i try add it through GPIB-VXI interface in MAX, but it fail. I don't know the difference between GPIB-VXI interface and the card which

the NHR maked! Can you tell me some knowlege? 

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 12
(3,147 Views)
The slot 0 controller card is made by NHR? Why do you say maybe? There should be a label on it.
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 12
(3,133 Views)
Hi,dennis:
Yes, i am sorry for that! The lable on it is NHR!
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 12
(3,124 Views)
And this is the card you connect to the pc with a gpib cable? Sorry, I have no idea what the card is. I've only worked with NI and hp/agilent/keysight slot 0 controllers.
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 12
(3,112 Views)