LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fuzzy System Designer, PID, error does not open

Hi guys,

I am new to LabView and I am working on creating a controller to vary speed of centrifuge. I am also trying to create a PID controller for it to ensure smooth signal output and little to no overshoot. I tried using Fuzzy System designer and it worked. However, today when I am trying to open it, it starts up with error window, says there is no error but still does not run (has broken arrow). So I am unable to modifu any of the parameters. I am also unableto open Fyzzy System Designer in 2014 version of Labview, shows same problem. I am lost.

Has anyone experienced any similar? Also, I attached the simplest code  for the signal output as well as error that popped up in Fuzzy System Designer. I would appreciate any feedback on Fuzzy issue as well as suggestions on how to create best PID controller for RPM control application.

Thank you!

Best,

Mashaerror.jpgscreenshot fuzzy.jpg

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(3,891 Views)

Apparently you have some changes to the API that made the UI broken (or someone messed with the editor).

Can you try to re-install (repair) the VIs on your system? Or try to open your code on another machine? This would give us better idea of what could be wrong...

Hope this helps,

Barp - Control, Simulation, RTT and HIL - National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(3,850 Views)

Any chance that it there's something still running from inside of it?  I know a top-level VI will have a broken arrow if one of its subVIs is running and the top-level VI isn't.

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(3,816 Views)

Hi. I was trying to open System Designer even from a new VI without any errors, and it still does the same thing. When I open it, it has broken arrow and imediately shows that there are no errors. I tried to force run it with Ctrl+Shift and nothing happened. and I do not have another machine with LabView to open the code available to me. 

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(3,793 Views)

What exactly do you mean by reinstall the VI? Just Fuzzy System Designer or ? I am not quite sure what you mean by this

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(3,783 Views)

The Fuzzy Utility is based on the VIs from the API and I believe something happen to your computer that some of the subVIs from the Fuzzy Logic are broken right now. For example, someone could just break a VI and saved by mistake. So, to fix that you can try to drop VIs from the palette and see if any of those are 'broken' right now.

Another option, which is a bit more drastic, is to repair the software and that should restore the original state. To do that you: Go to your Control Panel in your computer, go to Program or Programs and Features, then look for the National Instruments, and find the NI LabVIEW 2014 (32-bit) and use Repair. You will need the original disks for that.

Please let me know if this would fix the problem.

Barp - Control, Simulation, RTT and HIL - National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(3,695 Views)