From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fuzzy Logic Development

Sir,

I have developed an inference system using the Labview fuzzy system designer. Now the .fs file has no block diagram with it.

I want to add some VIs for the input and output and some graphic to make the system more user friendly

How can i modify the fuzzy system designer file as its block diagram is not visible?

Best Regards,

Ali

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(3,206 Views)

The goal of designing a fuzzy control with the tool "Fuzzy System Designer", is to generate a file. ".fs" that contains all information and parameters of fuzzy control. You can not do more with the tool "Fuzzy System Designer", apart from generating reports and other things.

Now to test the control, you need to create a custom VI where you can create, run and monitor the operation of the fuzzy control and the possibility of using indicators, charts, so on. To do this you have to integrate the file. ".fs", which previously generated within its algorithm.

to observe this operations, it is recommended that you observe the examples related with fuzzy logic in "Help / Find Examples".

Regards.

Ing. Jonathan E. Cruz Ortiz

ENERGÍA PROACTIVA S.A.S

Cel : (+57) 3173669343 - (+57) 3124451894

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(3,171 Views)

Jonathan

The new version of Fuzzy Logic (released in 2009) allow you to programmatically add/remove/modify the input/output/rules/ranges of the .fs file. So, if you want to change names or ranges, you can just use the API. The manual provide with more information:

http://zone.ni.com/reference/en-XX/help/370401J-01/lvpidmain/fuzzyvi_tut_four/

Barp - Control, Simulation, RTT and HIL - National Instruments
Message 3 of 6
(3,136 Views)

Hi, how are you doing?
Am new in fuzzy logic I just have one question, I have classified my (input/rules/output) using the Fuzzy logic designer, but my problem is in the example inside the manual it doesn't have direct input (I mean choosing the input in the range that I have designed it) because I have 4 sensors and I want to interface them to labview then using the fuzzy system rules I want to move a motor, so can you please tell me how to connect my sensors input to be my fuzzy input in the code?

Wessam

Wessam Ghassan - Electrical Engineer / Instrumentation and Control
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(3,031 Views)

After you develop the Fuzzy Logic System using the Designer, you need to use the VI "FL Fuzzy Controller.vi" to implement the controller. The best way to see this is using the examples below: 

C:\Program Files (x86)\National Instruments\LabVIEW 2013\examples\control\fuzzy\Car Parking\FuzzyEx Car Backward Parking.vi

This example will show you how how implement a closed-loop controller with two fuzzy logic system running in different activities (forward and backward). and you can see this example:

C:\Program Files (x86)\National Instruments\LabVIEW 2013\examples\control\fuzzy\Dynamic greenhouse controller\FuzzyEx Dynamic Fuzzy Controller for a greenhouse.vi

This example shows how to change the paraemters othe fuzzy controller while it is running and also shows you how to create a multiple-input and multiple output controller.

Hope this helps,

Barp - Control, Simulation, RTT and HIL - National Instruments
Message 5 of 6
(3,007 Views)

Thank you for your reply I managed to understand the functions of the blocks from "Help" and now am able to control the inputs directly from the code.

Wessam Ghassan - Electrical Engineer / Instrumentation and Control
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,998 Views)