LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Future Age Calculator

Construct a subVi to calculate an age in years given a birth date and the current date as inputs. you should use 3 seperate integer controls( 6 total) to enter each date: one for the day of the month, one for the month, and one for the year. Enter months as numbers. One output for age in years.

Not sure where to even begin 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,456 Views)

Start with
LabVIEW Introduction Course - Three Hours
LabVIEW Introduction Course - Six Hours

Then figure out on paper what the calculations would be.

Message 2 of 5
(3,442 Views)
Hope this could be helpful LabVIEW Timestamp: http://www.ni.com/tutorial/7900/en/
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,419 Views)

So you need to do this.

1. Determine the users current age
  2. Add 9 years to the users current age
  3. Display the result

What part are you having difficulty with? 

========================
=== Engineer Ambiguously ===
========================
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(3,385 Views)

Don't think about LabVIEW, think about how you would solve this with pencil and paper.  If I said "Today is 9/13/16 and my birthday was 3/20/72", what steps would you do?  

You could do 9-3 = 6 (months), 13-20 = -7 (days), 16-72 = -56 (years), then figure out how to deal with the negative quantities (think about learning Subtraction in second grade -- remember "borrowing"?).

You might also say "9/13/16 is X number of days since 1 Jan 1950, while 3/20/72 is Y number of days since then.  I can compute X-Y = days, then convert this to days, months, and years."

Or you could hope that one of us "hands you a solution" so you don't have to do any work, don't have to think, and don't learn anything ...

Bob Schor

Message 5 of 5
(3,352 Views)